Thursday, September 11, 2014

You Color My World Project Life Card

STENCIL TUTORIAL


Today I have a quick tutorial for you!
I have been loving everything stencils lately and I just can't seem to get enough of them!
Today's project, I'm using the following supplies, which includes grid cards from Becky Higgins, a stencil from the Take 10 August Kit and 5 colors of distress inks.


First, I taped my 4x6 grid card down to my craft sheet and then placed the stencil centered on top of it
and taped it down as well.  I squished my inks down onto my craft sheet ad mixed the color with very little modeling paste.  A little goes a long way!


I then spread the color over specific sections of the stencil, only using every other section
on the stencil itself.  I repeated this for all the colors I wanted to use and come out with this
once the stencil was removed.....


I then wanted to add some text to my card...I wanted to be able to use this as a title card.
I found these in my stash that were the perfect height and dimension.


I spaced the phrase "You COLOR my world" out over the four blank areas
that were left as "voids" from the stencil. 


Last, but not least, I felt that it needed a little more black to tie the words all together.
I pulled out my Project Life journaling pens is sizes 01 and 05, for different thicknesses, and
drew a border around the entire card 3 times.


And here is my final project!


My biggest suggestion and recommendation is to make sure you have a lot of
paper towels and baby wipes on hand to keep your area clean so the colors don't 
transfer from one to another!

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!
See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment