Friday, September 8, 2017

"This Place" Fall Layout | Freckled Fawn

Hi Lovelies!

Nicole here and today I have an 8 1/2" x 11" layout to share with you all! I have been oohing and awing over this August Embellishment kit! So many beautiful elements for fall layouts! Here's a quick look at my final layout:


One thing I love about this time of year is going for walks in the cool air. It's become one of my kids favorite too! Over Labor Day weekend, we decided to pack up and go to a state park near by and pick a random trail and just walk. There's something about peace and quite and just soaking it all in to soothe the soul. 

When I chose the pictures I wanted to use for this layout, I knew I wanted some type of wood grain behind them to give them a framed look. I used my Silhouette to cut a square cut file I had with a wood grain paper. After I knew roughly where I wanted my pictures to go, I pulled out my mists and used the packaging technique to create the teal/green and gold splatters. 

Once everything was dry, I glued my frames in place, added my layered photos, then added the pieces of the rose gold wood grain washi around them. This washi is a beautiful metallic color with hearts! It was perfect for this! I used the epoxy floral stickers and clear quote stickers from the August kit to add the perfect touch! The quotes from the stickers described our experience perfectly! 

When the focal point of the layout was complete, it felt like it was still missing something on the top left, so I used one of the large acetate doilies from the kit along with the metal doily, leaf and feather. It was the perfect finishing touch!

Here are close ups of my final layout:










...and here's one final look at the final layout...



Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have a beautiful week ahead and be sure to head on over to the Freckled Fawn Shop to grab all of your favorite embellishments from this kit!

PS...they are offering new 8 1/2" x 11" papers! Be sure to check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment