Monday, July 31, 2017

Hello Sunshine Ice Cream Layout

Hello Lovelies!

Nicole here and today I have a fun, summer ice cream layout using the fabulous embellishments from the July Freckled Fawn Embellishment Kit! Here's a look at my final layout:


 When I began my layout, I chose my background paper and embellishments to color coordinate together. Because the background paper had so much going on, I didn't add any mists to it like I normally do. I put my focus all on my embellishments.  I chose to place my photo on the bottom left corner this time with my title centered below the photo.  I layered my pink embellishments over the pink area of the paper and the same with the blue embellishments over the blue area of the paper. They add a lot of detail, but color coordinate together so it doesn't take to much of the focus away from the photo.


 I used the chipboard stickers and also the Doodle Phrase Rubber shapes in several places on this layout. I also added in enamel dots and tangled thread behind these embellishments to add a little more detail.

Above my photo, I added a yellow tag, more of the chipboard stickers and rubber shapes, an acrylic heart and the ADORABLE ice cream cone paper clip included in this months kit!! I had a hard time not hoarding this paper clip, but I had to use it because it fit so well.


Lastly, to balance the layout, I added a small embellishment cluster in the top right corner of the page. I used the ice cream cone chipboard sticker, a phrase sticker, enamel dots and more tangled thread.





Here's another look at the final layout:


Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope I've inspired you to layer up your colors and not be afraid to use your embellishments!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment