Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Family Scrapbook Layout | Freckled Fawn

Hello Lovelies!

Nicole here and today I'm featuring the beautiful November Freckled Fawn Paper and Embellishment kit!  If you already are not aware, Freckled Fawn recently added 12x12 papers to some of their kits! This months kit is absolutely one of my favorites!!  It's full of color, dimensional embellishments, the cutest foam word stickers and so much more! Before I show you how I created this layout, here's a look at the final project:



I began with the solid teal paper and added white gesso to the background. This helps to dull the color a little bit so when I add my water colors on top, they show up a little bit better. Here's what it looks like before I started adding my layers:


While that was drying, I cut my title, "Family," on my Silhouette and backed it with various papers from the kit.  I then began to build my layers.  I used this months 3x4 cards to back my photo of my husband and boys.  I also saw the red 3x4 card with a scallop on it and the card with the large house and decided to fussy cut them out to use as embellishments. I also fussy cut some of the small yellow flowers from one of the 12x12 papers as well.


I then decided to use the "dad" foam sticker, but I wanted to add some color to it so it stood out. I used my Vicki Boutin mixed media crayon in red to coordinate it with the rest of the papers and embellishments.





 
Lastly, I added a rubber house, enamel dots and a label from the November kits and enamel hearts and a heart chipboard sticker from past kits. I finished the layout with my journaling and some tangled thread and that was it!







Here's one last look at the finished layout:



Thanks so much for joining me today!
Be sure to check out the two kits offered...
the Embellishment Kit + Papers OR the Embellishment Kit + Journaling Cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment