Sunday, July 7, 2013

Paper Smooches Trend Watch Challenge July 1st-7th

Hello everyone!  If you are a follower of the Paper Smooches blog, then you know that this week's Trend Watch Challenge theme is "Ocean."  You are to create a project that has the ocean as the focus or a part of your project.  If you're not a follower of Paper Smooches, check their sparks challenge blog out here.  There are so many cute projects with fish, dolphins and other aquatic theme cards that I felt the need to challenge myself and step outside of the box.  So...with that being said, here is what I created:



 
I wanted to simulate the idea of the owl being stranded on the ocean, stuck on a bed of leaves.  I used the FREE owl and leaf images on the Paper Smooches blog and created the water with blue paper from the MME 6x6 Happier paper pad and 2 layers of vellum.  After popping up the leaves and owl's on foam adhesive, I used firefly stickles on the leaves and glossy accents on the owl's eyes for dimension.  The sentiment came from the "Slang Gang" sentiment set which is AMAZING and can be purchased online here.
 
I had so much fun challenging myself within this challenge that I can't wait to see what next weeks new challenge is!  lol  :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment