Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"Ugly" Sweater Layout | Freckled Fawn December Kits

Hello Lovelies!
Nicole here and I hope you and your families had a wonderful holiday season! It's hard to believe that it's already over!  I have a super fun and colorful layout to share with you today using the December Embellishment Kit and 12x12 papers and journaling cards.  Here's a look at my final layout:


I just absolutely love the sweaters and prints that pop up in papers and embellishments in this months kit.  It reminded me a lot of an "ugly" sweater so much that I just had to create one! I began by stitching a thicker strip of paper down my page. I then added in paint splatters and mists to give my background a little more interest. I found a cut file from the Silhouette store of a sweater and backed it with several of the papers from this months 12x12 papers.



I created my title using the red alphas that came in this months kit along with velum alphas from a past kit.  I used a lot of little pieces from the cardstock diecuts, epoxy heart stickers, resin pieces and even two of the wood veneer boarders under my photo and sweater. I also added in matching tangled thread under a couple areas around my page.


I fussy cut a couple pieces from the 3x4 cards including the sweater to the right of my photo and the larger speech bubble for larger embellishments.

 Here is one final look at my layout:


Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope I have inspired you to create your own "ugly" sweater!


No comments:

Post a Comment