Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Holiday Love Layout | Freckled Fawn Kit

Hello Lovelies!
Nicole here and today I have a fun and sparkly layout for you!
Today, I'm creating with the Freckled Fawn December Embellishment and Paper Kit.
Here's a quick look at my layout before we begin!


 My inspiration from this layout came from the washi tape that is in this months kit! It's a beautiful sparkly silver star washi and I just fell in love with it! To create my large star, I took a piece of white card stock, hand sketched a large star and cut it out. I put a thin coat of multi matte medium down over the entire surface and began placing strips of the washi over it until it was completely covered.  Once all of the strips were in place, I added another layer of multi matte medium over the top of it as well.  I only did this because as my page sits in my album over the years, I don't want the washi to lift and the multi matte medium acts as a glue and sealer to keep it in place.  

While my star was drying, I added my layer of star paper over my background paper and began to create my mixed media background. I applied silver, pink and teal paints and mists from my stash with a paint brush and product packaging to get the messy look. Once both were dry, I placed my large star on my page on foam adhesive and began to add all of my different layers and embellishments.


 I used pieces from the cardstock die cuts, epoxy heart stickers, and red alphas from this months kit. I also brought in enamel dots, acetate doilies, chipboard and silver puffy heart stickers from past kits as well. The past couple of kits blend beautifully together!

I used one of the larger die cuts to add my journaling and placed it around all of the layers of my photo. I trimmed bits and pieces from the different patterned papers, 3x4 cards, vellum stickers and labels to add more details around the entire star. Tucking all of these pieces in around the edges of the star, I used thread to fill in some spaces and a chipboard "smiles" sticker from my stash on the top of my photo.  Lastly, I added enamel dots and red star gem stickers for the finishing touches. Here are a few other close ups of my layout.....







Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope I've inspired you to look at your washi tapes in a different way!
Be sure to check out the December kits HERE today!






No comments:

Post a Comment