Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge Time!!

Hi crafty friends!!

Today's project is a really fun, yet simple one!
The background was a little time consuming, but otherwise really fun and one layer....
a challenge for me in itself! lol
This one was inspired thanks to the ladies over at the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog!

This weeks new challenge is this.......



Watercolors!!!!   Yay!!!  One of my most favorite mediums to work with!   So, of course I will definately play along!!  This project hit me as soon as i saw the theme...I knew exactly what background I was going to create and exactly what stamp I was going to use!  That hardly ever happens that easily for me!  In the process, I took two different approaches...one just water coloring with a brush using distress inks and the other was smushing color onto my craft sheet, spritzing it with water, and then making direct contact to my paper.   Here are the results!!!!!.....




I honestly have to say at first, the one on the left was my favorite once it was dry....however, once I actually started stamping the sentiment and stars, the one on the right became my most favorite! I love them both really!

Here are a few close ups of each of the cards so you can see closer detail of the water coloring....



 Well, that's all for me today!

If you wana play along with this challenge, you still have lots of time!
Be sure to visit them HERE for all the details!

See you all on the next project!



5 comments:

  1. Wow! The look of this is phenomenal!! & the white sentiments on top of your dark galaxy really makes it pop!
    Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! INCREDIBLE galaxy background! i'm in love!! it's so striking and eye catching! love this!! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both turned out incredible! I love them! This is one technique I've been wanting to try. Thanks for the inspiration! And thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing card! I love the background you made! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Just WOW!!! That looks like real space and it's soooooo pretty!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete