Thursday, November 6, 2014

Holiday Card Series: Distress Inking A Background

Happy Happy Thursday!  
One more day....just one more day....lol!!!!

Today I have a couple projects that I'm going to share...the first being the next card in my Holiday Card Series!
I wanted to use distress ink for the background and just create a single stamped image embossed on the front.  I always tend to use lots of layers and embellishments and when it comes time to mail them, it always costs and arm and a leg! So! My goal is to create a lot more "flat" cards to drop in the mail!

Today I used several Tim Holtz Distress inks along with an older Hero Arts wood mounted stamp to create this project:


 



I decided in the end to heat emboss with glitter embossing powder over the pigment ink i used for the tree and then to also use gold embossing powder for the star.

To add my sentiment, I grabbed a scrap of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment on there, then tapped it to the card.

In the end, I thought the background needed something a little extra so I grabbed my white gel pen are drew in little white dots for snow.

If you would like to see the full process of this project along with what supplies I used, please watch my YT video below:




Thanks so much for stopping by!
See you all the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment