Saturday, January 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Card Series #3

Happy Saturday!  Today I'm sharing card #3 in my Valentine's Day card series.  this card was made with CC Designs Love Birds.  This card was also my first attempt at tim holtz distress markers.  I've always only colored with either copics or pencils and recently decided to step out of the box and purchase my first 2 distress marker sets.  It was a little rough getting used to coloring the birds and have the colors not mix, but I decided to overcome that by fussy cutting another by bird and gluing it on top. I think that made a world of difference!  In the end after I added the twine, I chose to pop the leaves up on foam dots for more dimension so it rested on top of the twine.  The sentiment comes from Paper Smooches Bee Mine set and i used the tag die from their Toppers die set.

In the end, my most favorite part of this card is the background.  I created it using Tumbled Glass Distress ink smooshed onto my craft sheet, spritzed water and then just pressed layers of splotches of color...making sure each layer of dried in between. After 3 layers were dried completely, I used Mr Hueys shimmer spritz to add the shimmer!  I love this technique and am gonna have to do it again really soon!





Thanks for stopping by!  Have a crafty weekend!
:) Nicole

1 comment: