Sunday, January 8, 2017

Scrapbook Layout: Chief in Action

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and a happy New Year!
It has been quite a while since I've been able to just sit in my crafty zone and just create.
Well, needless to say, this week made up for it!  I have several layouts coming your way the next few weeks! I've been digging in my stash of stuff lately and trying to use all of my older products in new ways and I'm loving it!

This week in my house was a celebration week for us. After many many years of hard work, my husband has been appointed Fire Chief and I wanted to create a layout documenting this using one of my favorite photos of him on the job.

I recently joined the Hip Kit Club and now have access to all of their cut files...which is the cut design I have used on my layout today. For the papers behind those hearts...they are scraps I just pulled from my stash, mostly older Studio Calico papers and Dear Lizzy collections.  Here's the layout!!!!.....



I used Shimmerz Paints on the background with the packaging technique and some splatters to help give it a little more color. I also did my journaling around the outside of the circle.


I also added some thread behind my flair button to give it a little more texture.


I added chipboard elements, puffy stickers, clips and other embellishments to the page.


And lastly, I used these Shimmerz products...
Spritz in Ruby
Inklings in Miner Miner 49er
Inklings in Blue Lagoor
and Shimmerz Pain in Bubble Gum Blast
One of my new fav's is the Inklings Miner Miner 49er...it's a beautiful gold color!


Don't forget abut the Shimmerz Incentivez!! 
When you make a purchase and mention my name (Nicole) at check out, you get a FREE product!!!




Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a fabulous weekend!

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment