Thursday, January 12, 2017

Be Transformed - Bible Layout for Shimmerz Paints DT

Hey everyone!
Nicole here today to share with you my first project for Shimmerz! I'm super excited to be a part of this amazing team with such talented designers! I love all Shimmerz products, but today I get to share with you the brand new AcriTonez paints! These pains are self-priming acrylics, which means NO GESSO needed!!!  And as a bible journaler, this product is my new best friend! 

As I'm sure you know, bible pages are very very thin. I really wanted to put these new paints to the test and apply them heavy and in layers to see what they could do and see how my page held up.  I did NOT prep my pages with any products at all. I simply found the verse I wanted to journal and began painting! I applied 4 different layers of paint in three different spots and holy moly I was stunned! They dried fast and no bleeding! The only product that transferred was the ink from the stamping I did! Take a look....






I used 3 new AcriTonez colors in this layout: Edgy Eggplan, Jiven Jade and Pinkadelic. The white you see is just plain 'ole gesso. I added some bits and pieces from Illustrated faith and washi from my collection along with the stamping after everything was dry.  I also had this sheet of white and clear stripe acetate in my stash that I thought would look great between the pages, so I trimmed it down to size and added a few more Illustrated Faith cardstock stickers and the butterflies on top to give it a finishing touch! Here is the final page showing the acetate...




NOW FOR THE STUNNING PART!

Here is the back of this page....drum roll please!!!!!......



OMG! I can not believe that it didn't bleed thru! All you see is the black ink I used on my stamps! Be sure to take a look at these new paints AND the new Paste-eez in the Shimmerz Paints Shop! And don't forget, mention my name at checkout for a free product!  

Here is a close up of the AcriTonez paints I used today...



Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time, happy scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment