Friday, May 3, 2019

My Highlighter Layout | Shimmerz Paints

Hello Shimmerz Fanz!

Nicole here and today I have a very bright and colorful layout to share with you!
Here's a look at my final layout:

For this layout, I was inspired by a recent cutfile I had used.  I cut a lot of the flowers you see on my background to use the outline pieces to back for another project.  Once I saw my cutting mat, I loved the negative cuts that were left on it and decided to use those and incorporate them into my background!

I began arranging them on a plain white piece of card stock in an order that I liked.  Once I knew where I wanted them to be, I glued them down.  When the glue was dry, I painted a layer of gesso over the entire background and let it completely dry. Next, I sprayed water over the areas I wanted the certain colors and then added my mists and paints to those areas, watering them down again and letting them run in between all of the grooves and edges of the flowers. I did this twice for each color, making sure it dried in between.


 Once dry, I pulled several papers from Pinkfresh Studio Simple & Sweet collection and added strips of color coordinating papers on top of the background. When I knew where I wanted them, I lightly taped them down then ran each strip thru my sewing machine.  I also sewed a double boarder around the entire page to tie it all together.

Lastly, I added several embellishments from Pinkfresh Studio, lots of enamel dots, my journaling and title. This layout came together so quick! When you create a background that becomes the showcase of a layout, it limits where you place other elements and how much you can add. Here are a few other closeups:





 Shimmerz colors that I used on today's layout are:

Coloringz Peachy Keen
Vibez Frost Bite
Shimmerz It's Mint to be
Shimmerz Sunny

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope I've inspired you to create something beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment