Monday, February 11, 2019

"Love" Layout Featuring Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Shimmerz Paints DT

Hello Shimmerz Fans!
Nicole here and today's project features not only Shimmerz Vibez and Coloringz, but also the new Midnight collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  Midnight has to be my most favorite paper collection ever! When I saw some of the embellishments in the line, I knew I wanted to recreate a 12x12 background that coordinated with all of the embellishments.  When I was working with my mists, I found the PERFECT color combo that matched this collection: Vibez Rose Gold Red, Vibez Pink Moscato and Coloringz Ahoy Matey. Take a look:



Oh my goodness, ya'll! Isn't it perfect!

I created this background very simply. I took a 12x12 sheet of cardstock, added a layer of white gesso and then did 2 layers of the packaging technique and a bit of splattering. The lines left from the gesso after it dried helped to add some texture and lines int he background, which I love! I diluted the color with water quite a bit on the first layer and then got gradually darker.



 After the background was dry, I trimmed it down and then stitched it to the center of a new, clean, 12x12 piece of white cardstock. I roughed up the edges for more dimension. I added my photo and several bits from the Midnight collection, making sure they hung off the center background and also tucked under it, giving the impression of "running off the page." I added my journaling under my photo and called it done! I kept a lot of my embellishments clustered together in a small area so the background could really be the focal point and "shine" on this layout. Here are a few close ups:
 





The Shimmerz products used on today's project are:
Coloringz Ahoy Matey
Vibez Pink Moscatto
Vibez Rose Gold Red

Thanks so much for joining me today!
DON'T FORGET!!!!
If you place an order in the Shimmerz Shop, be sure to mention my name in the comment section for a FREE-BEE!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment