Friday, December 14, 2018

"Believe" Layout | Shimmerz Paints

Hi scrappy friends!

Nicole here and today I have a fun, non-traditional Christmas layout for you! Before I get in to the fun stuff, here's a quick look at my final project:




Lately, I've been on a non-traditional Christmas kick. Don't get me wrong, I love red and green, but sometimes I like something a little different. Today, I have "different" for you!  I used a tree cut file and six different Shimmerz products on this layout.  I first began by creating my background using Vibes Frost Bite, which has the most beautiful gold glitter in it, and Spritz Sapphire. I used the packaging technique on a gessoed background and set it aside to dry.  While drying, I cut my tree. I left it on my cutting mat while I did all of the painting. It was so much easier and it didn't harm my mat at all! I added gesso first, then layered Inklingz Greener Pastures and Honey Do List for the branches, Shimmerz Precious Metal for the trunk and Shimmerz Christmas Cheer for the star.  While all of my layers were drying, I started building my photo layers and added the top bits to my spread.  I used a collection from Elle's Studio this month for all of my papers and most embellishments. The cut file really did all of the hard work adding interest to the layout!  Here are a couple close ups of my final spread:







Here's a list of all the Shimmerz used on today's project:
Vibez Frost Bite
Spritz Sapphire
Shimmerz Christmas Cheer
Shimmerz Precious Metal
Inklingz Honey Do List
Inklingz Greener Pastures

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Don't forget, add my name in the comment section of your order for a free surprise product!




No comments:

Post a Comment