Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Marvelous, Extraordinary, Wonderful YOU | Scrapaholic Scrapbook Supply

Hello Scrappy Friends!

Today I'm super happy to share with you that I have been given the opportunity to work with some new products and ya'll, seriously, I'm in love! Tracey from Scrapaholic Scrapbook Supply was so generous to send me some products and I can't wait to share all of them with you! Tracey makes and sells chipboard for all kinds of crafty needs! From whimsical to grunge and everything in between, she surely has something for everyone!  Today I'm working with the Doodle Frames set. Here's a quick look at my final layout:


I began with 3 of the chipboard frames from the set and 3 different Distress Oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral.  I didn't do any prep to the chipboard and simply pressed the ink pads to the frames.  Because the Distress Oxide ink is thicker, it layered color very nicely!  I set those aside to dry and began my background.  I took a white piece of cardstock and applied a thin layer of gesso and the same three Distress Oxide inks to create three different areas on the background. Once all of the layers and frames were completely dry, I pulled bits and pieces from a Page Evans collection that coordinated.  I ended up color blocking most of the layout and added two die cut strips of colorful hearts! Once everything was adhered, I added the word "YOU" to make my title "Marvelous, Extraordinary, Wonderful You" and my journaling.  Lastly, I decided it was missing something and added the strip of blue and white paper to the right with a rough edge for added texture.  Here are close ups of my final project:









 Thanks so much for joining me today and be sure to check out all the fantastic chipboard accessories over at Scrapaholic Scrapbook Supply!




No comments:

Post a Comment