Monday, February 12, 2018

#52Favorites - Weeks 2 and 3

Hello lovelies!

This year, I have decided to embark on a new scrappy journey and take on the #52Favorites prompt. This prompt came from Paper Issues and focuses on choosing one memory every week and document or scrap that moment.  Now, I've tried for YEARS to follow Project Life and scrap a full 12x12 page every week and I always seem to either come up short of pictures, or I have so many that I could fill several pages. There's never an in between for me! I love Project Life and I still use it to document larger events, moments, vacations, etc. I wanted to try the #52Favorites prompt in a 6x6 album though, hoping that since it's scaled down in size, I could be more successful at documenting one memory over a weeks time as opposed to a whole weeks worth of memories.

With that being said, here are weeks #2 and #3....

First up is week #2! I used the Simple Stories Winter Wonderland collection for this 6x6 layout. I used lots of layers under my photo and embraced the printed brown snowflakes on the background paper and chose those areas for my embellishment pieces.  I added in some stickers and enamel dots for the finishing touches.



For week #3, I dove into my stash of scraps and found that I still had part of my favorite Hip Kit Club floral paper left, so I fussy cut some of the flowers out and used that for the focus of my layout. I also found the "Laugh out Loud" ephemera left over from the same Hip Kit and used that as my title. The tag on the left of the photo pulls out with my journaling. I really DUG DEEP with the Liquid Pearls! I've had those forever and I honestly don't remember the last time those have been on my desk!
 

I realize I'm a little out of order and no, you didn't miss week #1...I'm struggling with that one and moved on to these two, which inspired me at the moment! I also have weeks 4 and 5 already printed, so they may appear before week 1 as well! lol!

If you choose to join in the #52favorites on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag so everyone can see what you create! Thanks so much for joining me today! Have a creative week!





No comments:

Post a Comment